Monday, July 13, 2009

I Finally Found the One

A great babysitter is hard to find. Once we moved here we decided we were out of excuses to not hire a babysitter and get out more. The boys are old enough and Paul is no longer clingy--amazing! We've tried several girls in the ward and most have been great. But honestly, I hadn't found one that I was really impressed with, until Saturday. One of my Activity Day girls turned 11 and since she's very mature and responsible for her age I gave her a call. I picked her up and she had her "babysitting kit" with her (just like I used to have). She proceeded to ask me all kinds of questions about the boys, their schedule and what they were allowed to do. She even asked if she could leave them treats for the morning if they were good (which I also used to do when I babysat). We got home and found that she had made dinner, completely done the dishes, played games and made pictures with the boys, got the boys to bed on time with teeth brushed and was so excited about babysitting that she made it seem like I was doing her a favor by asking her. I am thrilled to have finally found the perfect babysitter. Of course I'm not sharing in case she gets too busy. :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

That's awesome! Here they have to be 12 is it different in Utah?

Kathy Ricks said...

I can just picture it! I'm happy you found someone. The boys deserve a great big girl friend! love you

Kina and Nathan said...

haha! I think I just read a chapter of "the babysitters club." didn't think people actually were that good. nice find. :)