Friday, January 8, 2010

2010

re·new: \ri-ˈnü, -ˈnyü\ : to make like new : restore to freshness, vigor, or perfection
I've heard many people say good riddance to 2009, and honestly I'm not sad to see it go either. I'm looking forward to a new year and a chance to renew. Last year was full of personal challenges for me, but looking back it was also filled with great blessings. I really felt that I've grown and that I've gained a stronger testimony of Jesus Christ. The Lord does bless us through our trials. As an example, this last pregnancy was tough for me. I don't like myself when I'm pregnant--I'm irritable and moody and it's quite annoying. Instead of being sick the first half of my pregnancy, I was nauseous the whole time. Sleep insomnia and heartburn hit especially hard and early on. Needless to say, Audrey has been worth it all. She is a perfect baby and her sweetness and innocence are like therapy for me. She has a very special and peaceful spirit. The boys are more becoming more imaginative and independent which made the adjustment much easier as well.
For family night we set some new goals. Sam chose to learn to go potty on the toilet and to ride a bike with training wheels. Paul came up with quite a list all on his own which included learning to swim without a life vest, to play soccer, to read and write, and to tie his shoes. I'm excited about their new accomplishments this year. Audrey will be talking, walking and feeding herself. Sam will start preschool. Paul will start Kindergarten. Jer and I are looking forward to a trip to San Fransisco together in the fall. I'd like to start an exercise routine, get back into indexing, go to the temple every month, and finally get serious about our food storage/emergency supplies.
After Christmas I always feel the need to re-decorate and organize my house. This year I cleaned some closets and added shelving to the office and the boys' room. We did re-decorating in the living room to fit the new TV. Our house feels much cozier, but I still hope that this year will bring our first home purchase.
I'm looking forward to the wonderful adventures 2010 will bring, despite the on-going challenges of life. Happy [re]New Year!

2 comments:

KellyAnne said...

I always love the way you decorate. And by the way, your piano is be-au-tiful!
I was hoping you'd post a picture of what you did with your boys' closets. I need to figure out how to fit 4 kids in 2 rooms and my first goal is to organize the closets!
Happy 2010!

Kim-the-girl said...

I, too, always love your decorating! Its so simple and understated, but calming and inviting. It was always a joy to be in your home.