Sunday, December 19, 2010

six

Paul turned six. We (the parents) opted to not have a friend party this year. I think our disappointed boy recovered and had a happy birthday anyway. On Thursday we took the kids and Paul's best buddy Hunter to Gymcats--after picking up some Happy Meals on the way. There was plenty of running, climbing, swinging and jumping.
Friday Paul took build your own snowmen treats to school and everyone sang to him. Mrs. Oakeson read "Paul's Christmas Birthday" to the class.
Saturday (the big day) Paul woke up to streamers, balloons and presents. We ate snowman pancakes and then he spent his day playing with his new remote control car and motorized erector set. The family came over for dinner of homemade mac and cheese and then he opened more gifts followed by Lego cake and ice-cream.
How we love our Paul and are grateful that he blazes the way for his younger siblings. Paul is full of energy, conversation, helpfulness, questions and ideas. He is wonderful.

7 comments:

KellyAnne said...

Wow, he's gotten so big! I'll always think of him as little I'm afraid. Hope he had a great day. You always outdo yourself for birthdays. I hope your kids know they have the coolest Mom ever! :)

Tina said...

We're glad you had a great birthday Paul!!! Terra the lego cake turned out SO cute!

Darlene said...

That Lego cake is awesome!! Happy Birthday Paul!!

Amy said...

Very cool... Happy Birthday Paul!

Delee said...

Happy Birthday Paul! I love the lego cake. Very creative. I can't wait to see you guys!

brooke said...

you have a blog! i found it. =) happy birthday to your cute paul!

Kim-the-girl said...

Happy birthday to Paul! He is so grown up and so lucky to have such a fabulous mom!