Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Coming Soon...

We're supposed to close on our house this week. I'm now more excited than scared, but still sad to leave our friends. Now that we will have a house of our own, I have a million ideas/projects I want to try. Currently I'm making roman shades out of mini-blinds, which is turning out to be more of a pain than I anticipated. But I really hope I like the end result--and that they function. This weekend (hopefully) I'm going to paint the kitchen cabinets and counter-tops.
Here's the rest of my to-do list:
Find desk for family room
Paint dresser and get new knobs
Paint (and fix drawer on) boys' dresser
Paint bookcase and make glass doors
Find more frames and create a gallery wall
Paint fireplace mantle and decorate
Spruce up kids' bathroom
Spruce up laundry/mudroom
Most of these will probably be on hold while we focus on the yard, but I'm really excited about all my projects. I found some blogs that have been inspiring me: nesting place, our suburban cottage and inspired room. I love their style and their decorating philosophy. They're right up my alley.
I'm really looking forward to having more space for the kids to play, a garage, a yard of our own, more than one bathroom, and being closer to Jer's work. Here's some more recent pictures of the house.

7 comments:

Delee said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see it. Good luck with everything!

Cam said...

So excited for you! Can't wait to see pics of the inside- I've always loved your decorating style. I'll have to check out the blogs you mentioned.

Tina said...

Don't you just love projects!!! They definetly won't end any time soon! How fun! We're so excited for you too! I have actually been on Our Suburban Cottage before....great ideas!

Kim-the-girl said...

Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Darlene said...

Very exciting! Accomplishing your own house projects is so rewarding. I want to see before and after pictures along the way!

Dean Spencer said...

I like how "get new knobs" for the dresser made it onto your to-do list. Sometimes you women really impress me...paying attention to which knobs are on a dresser? Never in a thousand years would I have ever thought of that. Props to you sister. Good luck!!

Margaret said...

I couldn't be more excited for you guys! I just can't wait to see it for myself. I know in time you'll make it perfect for you.