She had been asking to get her ears pierced. We hadn't really set an age for that, but I didn't think she'd be asking at two. We decided if she really wanted it we would do it for her birthday. I explained that it would hurt a little and that she had to take care of them. She was undeterred until we left for the store. Then she was nervous. She picked some white earrings (just like Mommy's). She brought her blankie and sat on my lap. She cried quite a bit afterwards and has since thrown many tantrums about cleaning and turning them. Had I known, I would have made her wait till she was older. Alas, they are cute on her and she seems to like them. At least she likes being like Mommy.
We had a family party on Sunday night. I was going to make a doll cake, but didn't have a doll. Jeremy and I were distracted searching the valley for a bike on Saturday night half an hour before closing time. So I made a hokey-looking pink cake. At least it tasted good and she was happy it was pink.
Monday morning she awoke to pink decorations, the girliest bike you ever did see, and pink pancakes. I forgot to get strawberry milk. No one noticed. We went out to dinner that night and the staff sang Happy Birthday to her and gave her a sundae. At first she was scared and embarrassed, but after they left she thought it was the funniest thing and talked about it the rest of the night.
Audrey is definitely a girlie-girl. We sure love the pink, mothering, sweet, silliness that she brings to our family. She loves babies, makeup, clothes, shoes, singing, dancing and all things girl. She also likes to keep up with her brothers and is sad when they go to school or to play at the neighbors. She isn't afraid to get dirty and even wrestle with them from time to time. She is my little shadow and big helper. She is a Daddy's girl and says he is "perfect." She loves being a big sister but may be confused about being the only girl. The other day she said she wanted a pink penis. She likes to pretend to be the mom and call Jeremy and I by our first names. We love our Audrey.



1 comment:
wow. She is growing up! I can't believe how girly she is! I don't think Eliza has any idea about ear piercings! Thank goodness, because we won't be doing it for awhile yet! :) She does look cute with them. Happy Birthday Audrey!
Post a Comment