



We took the boys camping this last weekend. We (Jer and I) don't really like camping, but think it's a good experience for the kids. This trip was a lot of fun; thanks to the Elzinga's for inviting us. There were a couple great thunder/lightening storms, we slept in a cabin on an air mattress and there were toilets and running water. We had a tasty dutch oven dinner, smores around the campfire, walks in the woods, games and crafts. But my favorite part was still coming home to take a shower.
It was Sam's first time and I don't think he's a fan. He's going through a weird clingy, fit-throwing stage that I hope passes quickly. So maybe we'll have better luck next year. He got really cold in the night (even though I had him wear two pairs of winter pjs) and ended up sleeping on top of me most of the night. Then he was awakened from his nap by his brother.
Paul had a blast playing baseball with Spencer and being outside. He really liked sleeping in the cabin and even asked to go to bed. He wanted to stay camping forever, of course.
10 comments:
Haha...that's how we camp. In a cabin :)
I love camping. But camping with small children is NOT my favorite. At all. We are going in a month and I SO wish we had a cabin to go to!
I bet Paul really would love camping forever! What a cool kid!
That was a lot of fun. I am so glad that you came. Spencer had a ton of fun with Paul. Hope you will come another time.
That was fun thanks for camping with us. You are superb!
I agree. Camping isn't for me for kids love it.
It's not really camping unless you have tent...lol! I can just imagine paul running all over the place! how fun!
It was fun hangin with you while we were in UT! Thanks again!
That's so cool that you were able to go. Sounds like fun. Hey I need your address will you email it to me at amyluce@hotmail.com? Thanks
I'm the same way with camping. It is so sad when the kids get cold too and they are incapable of keeping blankets on themselves. Nothing can replace fire roasted marshmellows :)
Hey stranger! I'm planning on taking my kids to the children's museum on Wed. Do you want to go? I'll try calling you too!
Post a Comment