Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What We've Been Up To

Let's see.
Some family fun:
We went to the Utes basketball game. The boys were better than expected (thanks to getting ripped off at the concession stand). I even wore red while Paul gave me a suspicious look. I figured the rivalry was getting a little out of hand when he said he didn't want me to put him to bed because"she's a Coug and I don't like the Cougs." Ouch. Tis the season. I wish Daddy didn't have so much influence! I had Sam on my side, but he's already starting to sway. It was fun to watch them cheer, "Go, Utes!" with their little fists in the air. Something must have sunk in cause at the football game Paul said he would cheer for the Cougs and the Utes.
We saw our first movie all together at the theater. Wall-E. Sam made it over half-way through before he discovered the joys of running up and down the aisle but surprisingly, it kept Paul's attention the whole time. I would say I owe the concession stand for that, but I think they were generously compensated (again). I owe them nothing!
The boys:
Sam's nearing the dreaded terrible two's. He can through fits any two-year-old would be proud to claim. His latest obsessions are gum (feel free to judge me), repeating the end of everything we say, saying "uh-huh," asking to go for rides in the van and then to drive, not eating dinner especially anything green, running (he's so fast too!) around as super batman, studying DVD cases, escaping mommy's attempts to kiss and snuggle his guts out.
Paul changes back into his superman pjs every afternoon, has discovered the leapster (which he's impressively good at), watches Toy Story and Backyardigans, goes to Preschool, loves to be praised, jumps onto and off of everything, is getting really good at making his bed and cleaning up his toys (although afterwards he closes all doors to make sure no one gets a chance to mess things up), wants to know how to spell everything and what words start with what letters or sounds, etc.
Other than that, it's been the same-old, same-old. We're gearing up for the Holidays (and birthdays).

4 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

You guys got a van? My kids LOVE gum too... no judgement here. I think its HILARIOUS that Paul didn't want you to put him to bed because you're a coug! I'm still laughing at that one. Its good to hear what you've been up to, those boys are still super duper cute!

Cali said...

I'm glad that you are doing so well. Are both of your boys' birthdays coming up? Hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

JandS Morgan said...

I sometimes give Phoebe a very tiny piece of gum to make her happy. I know she is going to swallow it, but I'm okay with that.

Sounds like you guys are having a blast. Too funny about Paul not wanting you to put him to bed.

KellyAnne said...

Sam sounds like fun... I wonder if Isaac's tantrums would top his? We just got back from Grandma's house so he's extra naughty after being spoiled. It's a good think they're so cute huh?!
Isaac is obsessed with gum too. I try to prevent him from swallowing more than one piece a day.
And Kara has gone over to the dark (I mean red) side too. Justin bought her a sweatshirt so she's committed now. Bummer. I don't even get bragging rights this year!