Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Festivities

Happy Easter!
Saturday we hosted a neighborhood breakfast and egg hunt. It was a ton of fun and kids and parents alike enjoyed it. Paul wanted to do it again and again!I spent most of that afternoon in the kitchen making deviled eggs and water chestnuts wrapped in bacon, feeling very much like my mom on holidays. That evening the boys dyed eggs and we had bunny cake. (A childhood tradition).Sunday morning we awoke bright and early for a treasure hunt. The boys were surprised with their simple baskets of goodies. Paul loved his bat and ball and Sam his treats, of course. After church we had a delicious feast with the Gerritsen's. It was a splendid day with lots of sunshine!
Here's some of our photoshoot with my handsome and goofy boys.

9 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Oh my goodness! Those boys are stunning! You guys all look fabulous! How awesome are you, HOSTING a NEIGHBORHOOD event?!?! You totally rock!

Amy said...

Such a cute little family and I love the bunny cake. Too fun!

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

so handsome! and what a fun neighbor you are, hosting an egg hunt and breakfast.

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

to answer your questions,

1)Kinder Eggs are these chocolate eggs with toy surprises in the middle. Jeremy went to Italy on his mission, right?--I know they have them there. They're actually illegal in the US because our FDA won't allow toys and the like *inside* food. But you can get them at specialty shops.

2) It was a Seder service that her ward actually did. I can certainly get you a copy. It had parts for the kids to read (not that your boys are old enough for that yet) and the hiding/finding of the Matzah, which they really liked. Seth couldn't handle it and ran off five minutes in, but Kael and the other grandkids sat through all of it.

Tina said...

So fun! Your boys are so handsome!I LOVE your view from your backyard!

izzynjen said...

We used to do the bunny cake too! I wonder if our mothers collaborated. Your boys look great!

Jules said...

you have the perfect yard for that.Ok so this week we are moving out and into our temp house until our home is finished so please call me and let me know if you can get together the following week. I will need to get out of my house and play. After this week cam me on this cell 234 9198

JandS Morgan said...

Wow, you guys go all out. I'm so jealous. Our easter wasn't near as fun. I'm inspired :)

KellyAnne said...

Way to go on hosting the egg hunt and breakfast. Kara wanted us to do that too-- she's such a party planner. We had too many other things going on and haven't even dye our eggs yet!
I've decided that Sam looks a lot like Jeremy. Love the photo shoot. I can't even tell that you're pregnant yet though!