





The nursery is done! I've been dreaming of decorating a little girl room for...well, forever. It was way fun to do. I started with the Bessy Pease Gutman pictures that I framed from an old calendar. I had similar prints hanging in my room as a little girl. I also wanted to include some of my porcelain figurine collection. My aunt gave me a new doll for my birthday from birth until when I was about 14. I wanted soft pastels--pink, robbin's egg blue, white, cream--for the color scheme. I was planning to make the bedding, but I found a steal at the Salvation Army Store one day. They get brand new items from Target and the bumper and crib skirt were only $14. The colors were perfect. Then I made the pillow, curtains, name plaque and mobile, dressed up the lamp shade, and paper-mached the nesting boxes. The mirror is Jer's great grandma's that we've had since we got married. My mom made the blessing dress and bought the little bench. All-in-all I love it!Pregnancy update: Eight weeks to go! I guess we can start counting down soon. Baby is growing right on track. She does have a two vessel cord instead of a three vessel cord. She may be at risk for low birth weight, but as long as she keeps measuring correctly and I keep gaining weight, there's no worry. I also have glucose intolerance (not gestational diabetes) which means I have to watch my sugar intake and she may be at risk for high birth weight (I suppose that'll even out her birth weight). Jer and I joke that she's not even born yet and already she's high maintenance (compared to the boys anyway). But we're excited to meet her. Paul and Sam like to talk to my belly and feel her move.
15 comments:
The room is beautiful! I love that you incorporated elements from yourself and extended family. Cute.
Lexie had a two vessel cord. It didn't cause any problems for her though. Just everything else was a problem. Hope she keeps growing like she should!
Audrey is such a pretty name, I really like it. You are so talented when it comes to decorating, you should become an interior designer or stage houses before they go on the market. Let's get together sometime soon!
how fun! I loved decorating Ashlyn's room. It looks great! I can't wait to see her.
It really looks great! You definitely have a gift... maybe someday my house will be well decorated, but probably not. :) And I also LOVE the name.
Sooo Cute! You are so crafty! I can't believe you only have two months left until she is born! We are back from vacation and don't have much going on, so we should definitely get together. Maybe next week? What do you have going on?
that turned out really cute Terra!
We are so excited and can't wait to see her!!! :)
Oh I'm so excited for you! I can't believe there are only 8 weeks left?!?
Enjoy that baby girl, so exciting!
I think I have Glucose Intolerance. Maybe that's why SArah came out 10 lbs!! Just keep that in mind when you pop each bite of dessert.
Looks so wonderful! Do you want to come out here and help our house look nice? I have no talent whatsoever in this area!
Good luck with the upcoming weeks. I love that Paul and Sam are so excited!
Looks fabulous, it is so fun when you finally get close enough to have everything ready. Then you can sit in there and dream about the sleepless nights :) Can't wait to see what she looks like, good luck!
The nursery looks great! I love the theme and the contrast of colors you used. Hope the rest of pregnancy goes well for you.
Oh my goodness, your room is fabulous. I had NOOO idea you were pregnant. I stink at blog browsing to see the new news. CONGRATULATIONS! And a girl, booya! I love everything you did.
You did a great job with the nursey!!! I love the colors. So cute. Can't wait for her to come. Let us know.
I know, isn't it so fun to be able to decorate for a girl finally! It turned out beautiful :)
Post a Comment