Saturday, September 12, 2009

Back to School

Life at our house is finally returning to normal. Ahhhhh. We had a special Back to School Night with a caterpillar-butterfly theme. We read The Very Hungry Caterpillar, ate caterpillar pizza, garden salad, and dirt cups, painted butterflies, and played with butterfly nets. The boys had lots of fun.Paul went back to preschool. He's in an afternoon class three days a week. Sam comes home with me and takes a nap. The second day I sat down to enjoy the quiet for a few minutes before tackling all the housework and fell asleep sitting upright. I woke myself up snoring. As long as Sam keeps napping I'm really going to enjoy this new arrangement!

Jer started work as well. He spent 10 days in Oak Harbor, Washington staying with our hospitable friends from Optometry school and filling in for a doc on maternity leave while we were waiting for credentialing at his new job. We were grateful for the work, but hated being apart, especailly after having so much time together this summer. We were all so glad when Daddy came home! So far, business is slow, but he's glad to have such a great job and soon the optical shop will open and the schedule should fill up.
I got to go on a little get-away to Park City with some friends from Optometry school that I haven't seen since graduation. We stayed in a hotel, giggled until late at night, went to Swiss Days in Midway and shopped all day. It was a much needed break and lots of fun to catch up with Deb and Jennie. Now, I'm just waiting for baby. The bag is packed, clothes washed, diapers and wipes ready. I got a pedicure today and have a hair appointment on Tuesday. I just hope that I can finish the boys' Halloween costumes before she comes. Then we'll be all set for life to change again.

7 comments:

Stacey said...

you are such a good mommy!! Can't wait to see your new baby girl! R u guys in Oregon or Utah? I can't keep track.

Delee said...

I can't wait to meet little Audrey. Enjoy the quiet afternoons while you can! Hopefully that will be my schedule next year. :)
I love your back to school night. That is such a great idea.

Rachel said...

I loved the falling asleep on the couch story. I have to be careful about sitting down to read to the kids in the afternoon, or I'll totally fall asleep while they play around me. I ask them to play quietly for me for 5 minutes. :)

Darlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim-the-girl said...

I always doze while reading to the kids in the afternoon too. :) That is so great you were able to have a getaway with Deb and Jennie! One of the perks to being in Utah... GOOD LUCK with the wait and the big day!

Cali said...

That sounds like such a fun evening! Your boys are getting so big, it must be so much fun around your house! And, soak up that nap time, what a blessing!

JandS Morgan said...

I can't believe it so soon. Good luck getting everything done you need to!