Jer had the American Academy of Optometry in San Francisco this year and I decided to tag along. It was so fun to get some time away just the two of us. I especially appreciated my mom coming down and staying with the kids for five days! She was great. And I only worried about them a tinsy bit, but missed them like crazy.
While Jer was in meetings, I did some shopping in the city and read in the hotel. It was so relaxing to only have to take care of myself. We took some time to be tourists too. We had dinner at Ghirardelli Square and walked around Pier 39 and the Fisherman's Wharf. We visited Alcatraz--so interesting. The audio tour was very well done, but now I have more curiosity about it than before. There was even an ex-con signing books at the gift shop. Then we rented bikes and rode down the bay and across the Golden Gate Bridge--this was my favorite part. Of course we rode a cable car and Jer became BFFs with the conductor. It was really fun and the houses along the way are just lovely.
There were plenty of strange sights as well--the rock balancing art of Bill Dan, the famous bushman, and a real life golden statue (he totally had Jer fooled). The street performers were very interesting also. There were some very talented musicians as well as homeless folk with sound systems and straight jackets.
I hope ya'll make plans for Boston next year!









3 comments:
I am SO bummed we didn't get to go this year! Especially now that E's sister cancelled her wedding! Major bummer! BUT I am so glad you had such a nice time. San Francisco is a fun place to visit, sounds like you guys did lots of really fun things. We are definitely planning on Boston next year. I just hope it works out better for 2011...
We are going to San Fran this summer for a big wedding bash. I seriously think I should just print off your blog post and take it with me. It made me so excited to go there! It sounds like the perfect romantic gettaway! What an amazing family you have to come and watch your kids for 5 days! Thats freaking awesome.
Randy was there! I was an hour away at my parents and almost came myself. It would have so fun to see each other there!
Turns out Randy had a corner room in his hotel with an awesome view. I missed out!
Post a Comment