Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick or Treat

On Saturday morning (Halloween in Utah) I dressed up as a witch to make the kids pumpkin pancakes for breakfast. Audrey cried. Later in the day we had lil smokies wrapped in biscuit dough (mummies) for lunch and the boys painted pumpkins. We opted not to carve this year since it's hard to involve the kids and it makes such a mess. They were painting really well and so I went inside for a few minutes. When I came back out there were (mysterious) paint splatters on the door, the steps, behind ears and on necks. Hmmm.
After a trip to great Grandma and Grandpa Gerritsen's we had bones (grilled cheese sandwiches) and blood (tomato soup) for dinner which tasted good, but the kids were unimpressed. They had been anticipating this dinner all week. Paul even asked if I was going to kill someone to get the blood so grilled cheese and soup was not what they had envisioned.
Next it was off to trick-or-treat around the neighborhood and then stop in at a neighbor's for fondue. Now we are enjoying the battle of the candy. Hopefully Paul will decide to sell his candy to the dentist. He wants the cash. However, when we explained it to Sam by saying, "But the dentist will buy your candy and give it to poor kids." He responded with, "I'm poor."

Sam's Preschool Parade
(yes that is snow)

Painting Pumpkins

Trick-or-Treat

4 comments:

Cam said...

Wow- Paul is looking so TALL! Happy Halloween, looks like you've had a fun halloween season.

Hansen Family said...

Cute pictures! Your kids are adorable.

Kim-the-girl said...

Poor, poor Sam! That's funny! What cute kids you have! Glad you had a great day (despite not killing someone for your soup!) :)

Travis and Heather said...

Audrey is walking? I can't get over people's kids getting all grown up. When does this stuff happen? Good idea painting pumpkins, that looked like fun. Who are all these fun mom's dressing up and making festive food for their kids. I made oatmeal in my pj's....BOOORING.