Monday, February 27, 2012

Love Day

I'm not usually a fan of Valentine's Day. I'm not sure why. I don't have an emotionally scaring back story or anything (go ahead and sing Dr. Doofenshmirtz's I Really Don't Hate Christmas). But this year was different. I was totally into Valentine's Day and it was so fun. I really wanted to get the kids a present. So I wrapped up something for each of them to open in the morning. (The boys got Lego Hero guys and Audrey got a motor home to go with her dollhouse.) The night before they did their Valentines for school and then gave the extras to each other. It was so cute. Audrey carried hers around all day calling them her dollars. Jeremy brought me a sandwich from the Village Baker for lunch. Yum. And then we got the kids a heart shaped Papa Murphy's pizza and went to dinner. I had been really looking forward to our date that night. Jeremy had tried to make some reservations, but apparently you have to call more than 10 days before to get in anywhere, so we ended up going early to Red Lobster since they wouldn't take reservations. We still had an hour and half wait and the food was just ok, but I enjoyed going out together nonetheless. What a great idea to have a day to celebrate all those we love! Who knew?


No comments: