Thursday, May 10, 2012

10 years

Today is our 10 year wedding anniversary. On one hand it's like, "Wow 10 years. That went by fast." And on the other it's like, "It's only been 10? It seems like it's been forever. I can't imagine when our lives didn't include each other."


Anyway, Jer was feeling particularly sentimental this year. He sent me hourly texts in the morning that started with, "10 years ago today I was..." recounting our wedding morning. His memory was much better than mine. After lunch, his mom came over and graciously stayed with the kids the rest of the day. We went to the Jordan River Temple (where Jer proposed) and then hiked to Elephant Rock (one of our first dates). Well, we didn't quite make it to Elephant Rock (not because of that!) because I am 21 weeks pregnant, slow and out of shape. Plus it was a much longer hike than we remembered it. So, we turned around and headed to downtown to Christopher's (where we went for dinner after we got engaged) for dinner. After casually mentioning that we had been there on our engagement and gotten free cheesecake, they gifted us with creme brulee and a candle. It was delicious. It was a lovely day of reminiscing.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Happy Anniversary!

Kim-the-girl said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a wonderful way to spend the day! How fun that your hubby was feeling sentimental!

Lacey said...

Congrats on 10 years. Such an accomplishment these days! I love your hair blonde, way cute!