Thursday, April 11, 2013

Winter Project Wrap-up

This winter we turned our attention indoors and completed some projects.

The big one was finishing the bathroom downstairs. It was the only part of our house that was unfinished. There was some plumbing, all the electrical and the sheetrock/painting done. We ended up having to do the plumbing for the shower, redo the sink plumbing, tile the shower and floor, and install the shower, toilet, sink, vanity, all fixtures, and baseboards and also paint. It was the biggest project we've done and rather stressful since we were trying to get it done before all my family came into town right after Christmas. But it is so nice to have a bathroom for guests and the boys to use.





I bought some living room furniture. (My first time buying new furniture.) And I did some re-decorating in there as well.




The other projects were mostly painting. We painted Audrey's room and I finished some decorating projects in there, including re-finishing a side table that was made by my great-grandfather.





We painted the den/computer room which included the stairway to the basement.




I (yep, all by myself when Jeremy was out of town one weekend) painted stripes in the boys' room and did some more decorating in there too.






I really wanted to re-do two of the upstairs bathrooms this winter, but we ended up having to by a new minivan since the transmission in ours is going out. So that busted the bathroom budget. Hopefully next winter we'll do them. It's hard to wait since I already picked out what I want to do in there.

It seems like we did so much and yet I still feel like the to-do list is a mile long. I told Jer if we ever move I think I want a newer home--not a fixer-upper. It's been fun, but I get impatient.

And now that's it's spring we're working on yard projects...

5 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Holy WOW!!!Great job on everything! You amaze me!!!

Delee said...

Everything looks great! Wow you have done a lot since I was just there! See you soon!!!

Karyl said...

Love it!! I need to hire you to come do my house. Nuff said. :)

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

Super fun! You did a great job.

Stopher and Nicolle said...

agh! i love it! all of it!