Saturday, April 28, 2007

Skinned Knees

So, as soon as the weather gets nice and I put Paul in shorts, he starts to scrape up his knees endlessly. I suppose with two boys, this will be my life in the summer for awhile. Fortunately, he's quite the tough guy about it.

As anyone who knows Paul knows, Paul doesn't quite comprehend that he's only two. For example, the neighbor's brother (who is 10) had a skateboard and Jer was showing him how to do some tricks. Of course Paul had to try too. So the other day he says to me, "Mommy, i need a kateboard at the tore." (He's having trouble with "s" sounds at the beginning of words.) I told him he wasn't quite big enough for one yet. Consequently, he now uses a wagon from one of his tractors as a "kateboard" and does his tricks all day. It's pretty cute to hear the things he comes up with as he works on them.

Along the same lines, all week he's big practicing pedaling on his friend Parker's trike. He finally got it down and so here's a short video of my little-boy-who-thinks-he's-big riding a two-wheeler with training wheels. It almost made me cry to watch how big he looks!


2 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

My kids legs are always bruised. sometimes I am changing their clothes and I wonder if their being abused, then I remember, they are constantly wrestling. I'm sure with shorts this summer we'll have scrapes to go with our bruises.

That is awesome that Paul figured out how to ride Parker's bike. He does look so big.

Kim-the-girl said...

I can't believe I actually confused "their" (in above comment) in place of "they're" and on an English major's blog no less...sorry!