Monday, July 23, 2007

This & That

Here's a little update about what we've all been up to.
Jeremy: Only 3 more weeks of his first clinical rotation! Jer is loving seeing patients every day, but is not a fan of the long commutes. The Vespa is finally fixed and ready to sell. Jer purchased the final Harry Potter on Saturday and is now reading during any free time.
Terra: I had my first successful garage sale ($80) and now I can say every place in the house is cleaned out and organized (aww...). I'm getting an early start on the big move. I still have a few more big ticket items to sell as well. The weather's been bad and so it's been a rather boring week. I've really been missing my friends that have moved away!
Paul: He's doing better potty training--who knew this would take so long! He told a few darling stories on his own today. (I looked everywhere for the video camera and as Paul said "it must be somewhere.") He's really into how things smell and eating almost all day. He's also starting to pretend (bus trips, off to school, shopping) and imagining that things are something else. It's really fun. When I tell him I love him he says, "yeah, you do."
Sam: Sam's going through a fussy stage. He acts like he's teething, but there's nothing coming in. He hasn't been sleeping well at night and is tired all day. He's happy when he has his binky and is being held by Mom. He sits really well now and seems to want to start crawling. He also started doing this cute babble while he chews his tongue. (Where is that camera?!) He is interacting more with his brother and it gives me hope that one day they will entertain each other.
Life is moving along at the Gerritsen's.

5 comments:

Delee said...

It's so nice to have a clean and organized house! Moving definately helps us clean out stuff every year or so. We had a charity drop by a bag to fill with clothes and things to donate... I felt really bad because we barely had anything, my rule is if you haven't wore it in a year get rid of it.
I can't wait to see your boys in just two weeks!

Kim-the-girl said...

Can you believe there are only 3 weeks left? It is just plain crazy! We are going to miss you guys so much.

KellyAnne said...

Reading your blog makes me miss you guys so much! I laugh every time because I can just see your kids doing and saying the things you write about. And it makes me miss them too! By the way Terra, you know you really are a very good writer. You really should get serious and write something sometime. I know you tried a children's book once but maybe it's time for another. Or a parenting book, and maybe young adult fiction? I don't know, but I love to read the things you write. And this is coming from somebody who really enjoys good literature! :) There's something for you to think about.
Good luck with your last few weeks! Hurray!

Kim-the-girl said...

I completely agree with kellyanne, Terra. I love to read the things you write, it would be so fun to read something you've published, I know you could do it! ;)

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

Good luck with everything that is coming up. Potty training took us far longer than I thought it should, but other than nights, we're finally there. I don't want to PT Seth, though! And it was at 5 months that Seth suddenly got a lot more fussy. Something about that age?