Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Forbidden Fruit

Paul does not like raisins (like his mother), but I put a small box of them in his Sunday snack every week for about a month. He refused to eat them. So, I gave up and put them in the cupboard thinking one day I might offer them to him when I needed a quick, healthy snack option. Today, I saw them and realized he's never going to eat them and by now they're probably old and gross, so I put them in an empty cereal box on the counter that was going out with the trash. Well, Paul found them and decided they were his "medicine" and he and the box of raisins were inseparable for about an hour. Now that they're garbage I'll eat them!

4 comments:

Delee said...

That is so funny! Jaxson won't eat plain veggies until I'm eating them and then he'll eat broccoli, carrots, beans and he even tried asparagus! Oh, the things kids decide to eat on their own terms. I loved to video of Paul wanting Sam's rice cereal! Even though it was gross. I wonder if Paul will eat raisins again if you call them medicine....

Kim-the-girl said...

The amazing will of a two year old is never to be underestimated. :) Things just have to be on their terms, I'm glad I'm not the only mom going through that!

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

We use the whole "reverse psychology" with Kael so much that now he plays along. He'll go to do something I've asked him to, turn and tell me to tell him "Don't do ____." So I have to say it, and he'll run and do it, giggling the whole time. Kids are wierd. But fun.

Stacey said...

I didn't know you had a blog!!! Yeah, I'm so glad we can keep in touch with eachother's lives. Your boys are sooo cute!! I'm having better days!