Sunday, December 9, 2007

First Words

A couple days before we moved Sam started saying "mama" and I was so excited since I'd been trying to get him to say it since birth pretty much. At first he just babbled it a lot, practicing the new sound, but soon he was saying it when he really wanted something, especially me. Now he says it correctly and he also says "dada" and his favorite word, "no, no, no." He loves to go to the Christmas tree and turn to me and say, "no, no" and smile. Today he said "nana" for banana at breakfast and he said "buh-buh" when he waved bye-bye to Grandma. He also said what sounded like "yea" as he clapped his hands. He's quite the jabber-box. Paul was too (still is) and also said his first word at 8 months. He said "dada" first and then ball and more. He could say over a dozen words at his first birthday and looks like Sam will be a talkative little guy too. So fun!
I was waiting to post a good video, but he doesn't perform much for the camera, so here's one of him riding his horse. Sorry it's sideways.

6 comments:

JandS Morgan said...

You are so lucky to have kids that talk that early. My kids always say Dada first, which makes J very happy.

KellyAnne said...

Wow, he really is a talker! This video is so cute!! We can't believe how much he looks like Paul.

Amy said...

How old is he now? Just wondering how far apart he and Bode are. Can't wait to see you guys.

Aubrey said...

Molly says mama and dada too, but it comes out more like "mamamamama" because I usually hear it when she is fussing and wants her mom. She has started waving bye-bye though, and it is so dang cute. Don't you just love this age?

izzynjen said...

Terra--it's your cousin, Jen and I have to admit that it is you that has got me all excited about blogging. I have been enjoying your blogspot, but have never posted anything. And, I was able to go to Delee's and your parents...I hope you/they don't mind. Your boys are very cute and have grown up so much! Now that you're in SLC, I'd love to come visit or have you come visit me. We're at izzynjen.blogspot.com

Kim-the-girl said...

I TOTALLY thought that was Paul, they look so much alike. That is so cute to hear him talking. Levi is saying some things, but dying to talk more!