Saturday, December 29, 2007

Merry Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. The week before, Jeremy met us up in Washington after boards for the weekend and the boys and I stayed a couple more days. All my siblings were home, which hasn't happened in a long time. It was great to be all together and I was a little sad to not get to spend Christmas with them.
On Christmas Eve, Paul and I made shortbread and I super-cleaned the house and tried to enlist Paul's help cleaning his toys for Santa to come. He was really cute about it. We had our traditional Jesus supper for dinner at Jer's parent's house. We ate by candlelight and watched the snow fall. We opened our new pj's from Grandma then came home and Sam was ready for bed, so only Paul stayed up for eggnog and reading the Christmas story and singing songs. I love Christmas Eve even more than Christmas Day! Then we set out cookies, milk and carrots for Santa and the reindeer and Paul went to bed. Again, it was so fun to play Santa and get everything ready. I still didn't sleep that well (when will I out grow the excitement of Christmas!)
We had a great Christmas morning and Paul and Sam both loved their little kitchen. We went back to Grandma and Grandpa's for more fun and then to Grandpa's cousin's house for breakfast (well, lunch) and then home for naps.
The boys have really enjoyed all their new toys and I've enjoyed their entertainment. Another year is over, and we're so very grateful for all we've been blessed with this year and for the opportunity to celebrate our Savior's birth and try to teach our boys the true meaning of Christmas. We're looking forward to more adventures next year!

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

How fun! I was homesick this year, but it turned out OK. I agree, Christmas Eve is the best, always has been, always will be.

KellyAnne said...

I love reading your post. We never can sleep the night before Christmas either. Justin always wakes up hours too early and has to try and entertain himself until a reasonable hour. I love the pictures of your boys playing with the kitchen together. SOoo cute! We miss you guys!

Delee said...

Cute pictures, Ter. It was great to see you. Your home is so cute!