Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Snow Day

Yesterday's forecast called for a chance of snow. Paul and I prepared by making pie-crust snow cookies, reading Snowy Day, Snow Friends, and Sledding, cutting paper snowflakes, and watching Frosty the Snowman. Around 3:00 I noticed it was raining and then it turned to snow. We were both very excited and went out to enjoy it while Sam took a nap. After about an hour and a half it started to stick and it snowed all evening. We got a couple inches and took a walk this morning, even though it was 26 degrees. We attempted a snowman, but without success. I just love the snow and I wish my boys did too. Paul likes the idea of it and wants to go out often, but he gets cold quickly (I need to get better gloves for him). Sam hates his winter coat since he can't really move in it and then he cried when he tasted his mittens and took it off in record time. Oh well, it was still very pretty and fun to watch.

5 comments:

KellyAnne said...

Wow these are adorable! You really have a good eye for photography. Looks fun too, I'm glad you're getting to enjoy that Utah snow!
They say it might snow here tonight... we'll see.

Carrie said...

Cute pictures! I love the kissing picture on your header. I love kissing pictures!

It snowed here last night. It actually piled up pretty good for about an hour. It was too late to have the kids play in it, but it was beautiful!

Aubrey said...

Just looking at those pictures made me cold. What are piecrust snowflake cookies? Those sound yummy..

Kina and Nathan said...

How fun! I love the snow and believe me there is plenty of it here but it's been coupled with temps hovering around 0 degrees F. YIKES!! I'm with you though, whenever I have kids I would definitely want them to love the snow! I love watching kids when they are little playing in the snow because it's like this internal debate--it's sooo cold but the coat and gloves are soo restricting!!! What to do?!?!!:)

Dean Spencer said...

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1252177058

I didn't know Paul & Sam could dance like this!
:)