Monday, January 7, 2008

The Boys

I thought I'd post a bit about what the boys are up to lately. They are starting to play and interact with each other a lot more and that's been a lot of fun for me. I really hope they will grow up being good friends.
Paul is at a funny stage of using any kind of bag, case, box, etc that he can find to fill and re-fill with random things he finds. It's great because he finally has something that entertains him without me playing too, but the down side is the toys become sorted in all kinds of ways instead of organized how I like them. Oh well. He talks non-stop in the car especially and loves to practice singing songs. He also likes blocks now. He is going through some social withdrawals I think and said that he's ready to go back to our old house because we lost Parker. He misses his friends.
Sam does not want to walk although he loves ride-on toys and pushing cars, walkers, boxes, etc all around. He tries to do what Paul does and often imitates his yelling, crying, laughing, whatever. He says "more" and "yea" now too. He waves bye and hi, pretends to talk on the phone, and still gives the very best snuggles. He is crazy about food and if someone is in the kitchen he comes in and yells at them because he thinks they're eating without him. He's afraid of bubbles (which is really funny since I haven't found anyone or thing else that he's scared of). Sam is becoming a busy little guy.


A note about the video: That is a little white board we have that always falls down. It didn't actually hit Sam, but unfortunately that is how playing nicely usually ends at our house. After Paul and I played a puzzle game he made a fist and hammered all the pieces apart, then proceeded to jump on the couch. He can only be calm for so long. I guess that's how it goes having boys--every good idea I have ends up too wild. :)

5 comments:

Tina said...

Oh my goodness. They were playing so nice....j/k. Is his little head okay? Loved Paul's song. Cute!

KellyAnne said...

Holy Cow, is he ok?! I was really enjoying Paul's singing. Whatever fell out of the cupboard TOTALLY freaked me out!

Kim-the-girl said...

Paul is a great little singer...he really got into it. It drew my boys away from playing in the other room to come see! :)

Kina and Nathan said...

I was getting so nervous at the end of that video as Sam got closer and closer to that swinging door!! What a surprise when the board fell...Whew!! Paul is such a good singer and he does so well with all the words. I'm thoroughly impressed!

Amy said...

ouch! You better nail that better. I thought that was a tv at first and I was really worried, I'm glad it was just the white board. They look like they have fun together though.