Tuesday, January 15, 2008

For All the Happily Married Women Still Dreaming of Mr. Darcy...

You have to read Austenland! I just got this from the library today and finished it tonight (while still doing 4 loads of laundry, vacuuming, bathing 2 boys, doing dishes 4 times, making cookies with Paul, doing art with Paul, changing 3 poopy diapers, taking the kids to story time, picking up countless toys, playing b-ball and cars, picking up Jeremy, making a home-cooked meal, reading scriptures, getting two boys to bed...). In a nutshell, it's a quick read. I think it's going to be February's Book Club book, so I won't give much away. I am a HUGE Jane Austen fan, though. I own almost every book and a couple movies (including the 2-disc Pride and Prejudice) and I've read everything published that she's ever written (including the fragment stories). She's my favorite! But Shannon Hale is fast becoming a favorite author as well and I really recommend this book. Tallyho.

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks Terra! I've been wanting to get to the library lately. Now I know what to look for.

I'm impressed that you get so much done while you're reading a book. For me, if the books good enough, life pretty much stops. The kids watch a movie and we have Papa Murphey's for dinner.

Kim-the-girl said...

Thanks for the plug for book club! I hope we get some good turn out! Glad you liked the book. :)

Kathy Ricks said...

Thanks! I'll recommend it to my book club. By the way, I love the video of the boys! It looks like they are playing well together. I love the twinkle in Sam's eyes when he's teasing Paul with the door and then the little laugh! It made me LOL! I miss them way to much (and you to of course). Love you forever, Aunt Kathy

Delee said...

Did you ever get to see the movie Becoming Jane? I haven't yet, just wanted to know if it's good.

Stopher and Nicolle said...

Okay, I will read it. I love Jane Austen. Have you seen the Jane Austen Book Club? It was on my flight home from Hawaii...it is really good. Kind of awkward at first, but good. You should see it? Also, have you read the Twilight series?

KellyAnne said...

Terra I love this post for 2 reasons.
First, how in the heck do you get all that done in one day?!?! You rock. Second, I love reading the books you read. We seem to have similar taste. Thanks for recommending another good one for me!! I'll get on it when I finish the Uglies book I'm in the middle of.

KellyAnne said...

And yes, who DOESN'T love "Mr. Darcy"? :)

KellyAnne said...

I am really missing you lately. Do you guys want to swing by for a playdate tomorrow? :)
I was realizing a few days ago that Sam is almost 1! That went so fast, it's crazy.
How did the interview go today? Tell Jeremy to quit interviewing in Utah and get you guys back up here to Washington. :) Come ON!

brooke said...

TERRA! I'm a blog-stalker and I've finally found you! This is Brooke Baker (Porter)...old roomie from Ricks!! Looks like you are quite busy with two adorable little boys! So glad you are doing so well. Where do you guys live?

brooke said...

Yep, we are in San Diego still. We'll be here for a while, Stephen is at UCSD so we're in La Jolla right by the temple. It's beautiful! We're doing really good. I'm a Jane Austen junky too. I've been wanting to read Austenland, so I'm glad to hear again that it is so good

Rachel said...

I'll add it to my list. Terra, you need to check out this movie called North and South. It's not the civil war one, it is a BBC production. You will love it. I dare say it compares to Pride and Prejudice. Be warned: It is 4 hours long.