Thursday, December 4, 2008

Countdown to Christmas!

I don't know about you, but we are so excited for Christmas to come! Here are a few funny things Paul has said (he's especially clever about trying to find out what his presents are this year):
"Mom, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas even though it's not snowing yet."
"When Sam opens his present he's going to be so excited. He's going to say, 'yea, yea, Woody!' What do you think I'm going to say when I open my present?"
"Mom, can you please just tell Sam what my present is very quietly?"
For good or ill, Paul is still afraid of Santa Claus, but as you can tell he's very focused on the fact that he's getting presents. Last year we convinced him to sit on Santa's lap by telling him he had to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas. Paul bravely climbed on his lap and instantly whispered his order, then got off. This year I tried the same tactic, but he told me he was just going to write Santa a letter.
I'm having a blast shopping and narrowing down the boys' wish lists. The house is all decorated with the tree up too, there's eggnog in the fridge and cocoa mix in the cupboard, and some wrapping is even done. Let the countdown begin...

5 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

You're so good... we're only about 1/2 done with our shopping and not even thinking about decorating or wrapping yet! Maybe once I get over this wretched cold! Paul is clever, what a sneaky little boy... you'll have to keep an on eye on him! Its good to hear from you!

Debra said...

Yeah for Christmas season. My favorite! Although I think I'm glad when its all over too. It seems to get a little chaotic. We would love to see you guys...email me and maybe we could coordinate a play date, or dinner or something.

Kathy Ricks said...

Let Paul know that Mackensie was super brave and sat on Santa's lap this year! I'll post the picture when I get it. We have a traditional gift answer, since Ryan always tried to get it out of me. And now it has been passed done to Mackensie. The gift is a bag of dog poo, makes them think!!!

KellyAnne said...

Would you come decorate my house? I finally have an income for decorations and I just can't seem to get anything done. It's driving me NUTS!
And I have a question, HOW do you get shopping done with your boys in tow? That's an impressive feat!

Barney Family Blog said...

I love the countdown to Christmas too! It is so much more fun with kids that get so excited about it. And as far as being afraid of Santa, Sydney had always beend afraid until this year, so I'm sure Paul will see Santa when he is ready.