Saturday, December 20, 2008

Our Little Conversationalist

Sam has been talking more every day. He now speaks in sentences/phrases more often than not. I'm sure you'd all agree, that kids learning to talk is one of the highlights of parenthood. I even dreamed before Paul was born that he came out talking and I was so excited. I love to have conversations with my kids and hear all the cute things they say and watch them figure out language and communication.
This morning our conversation went like this:
me: "what do you want to wear today?"
Sam: "um, airplane shirt."
me: "I think you're airplane shirt is dirty. What else do you want to wear?"
Sam: "Oh. Race car shirt!"
The boys got some money from great grandparents for Christmas. Paul was talking about all the toys he might like to buy with his money. Jeremy asked Sam what he wanted to buy. I figured he would repeat some of the things Paul had said, but without hesitation he exclaimed, "candy!"
We were driving on the freeway and I stopped at a light at the end of the off ramp. Sam, in the back, asks, "Why you stop, Mom?"
It's too fun. I've been trying for quite awhile to get a good video of Sam talking and I think this'll have to do. If you have boys, you know they're always on the go. Sam likes to ask us how we are all the time. Sometimes he asks other things how they are ("How're you, hand/table/car?") and then totally cracks up at himself. He does love to ham it up.

3 comments:

Kathy Ricks said...

can't wait to see you guys! I can't believe how well he talks. Soooooo cute. love you all

Jamey said...

So cute! Talking makes them seem so much older:-)

Cali said...

Cute sense of humor! I love what they come up with, and I love how talking with them deepens the relationship! How fun.