Monday, January 19, 2009

Las Vegas: Family Style

Jer had a contact lens conference in Las Vegas last weekend, so at the last minute we decided to take [our first ever] family vacation. Here's what we did:

FAO Schwartz Toy Store at Caesar's Palace

Adventure Dome at Circus Circus

M&M's World on the strip


Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay

Old Mormon Fort and Historical Museum



Heritage Park (downtown)

Some advice if you ever decide to do Vegas without gambling, drinking, or the like:
Don't bring little kids
Bring lots of money to pay for valet parking, expensive buffets, and mindless entertainment
Choose comfort over style in your footwear
Don't plan to hang out in your hotel room--it's unpopular and ill equipped to entertain
Bask in the reminiscent weather
Have nerves of steel

5 comments:

Tina said...

i hear ya! When we took Brooklyn....it was definetely harder to entertain. We don't gamble....but at least when it was me and Andy we didn't have to worry about what Brooklyn was seeing. We like the M&M factory and the shark place,,,thats about it!
Glad you got to go away with your little family!!!

Barney Family Blog said...

I have not been to Vegas in a long time. I bet it could be a challenge with kiddos. I'm glad you got a little get away though.

Kim-the-girl said...

How great to have a family vacation. Its just unfortunate that it had to be in Vegas... I hate to even drive on the freeway through Vegas. It is just dirty to me... of course, its been a LONG time since I've done even that. But I've got to say, it looks like you found a lot of fun things to do. I bet the kids had a great time.

JandS Morgan said...

and avert your eyes from all the porn littering the walks :) It is too bad that that place is such a mix of bad and good.

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had a good time. I haven't seen a lot of that stuff. Pretty cool.