Friday, January 30, 2009

Spruce Up

To counter the monotony of winter, I went shopping. I bought a few things to brighten up the house and call me superficial or whatever, but they actually make me feel happier.

some colorful new pillows

I wanted to buy real plants, but the basement lacks light,
so I got some fake ones. And these I won't kill.

a bedroom lamp from Ikea

6 comments:

Darlene said...

It seems as if I've been anxious for spring ever since the first of January! We've had sun every day this week. It's amazing how much happier I feel when it's sunny. Spring decor definitely helps too. Cute pillows!

KellyAnne said...

Hey, I love the plant, and the pitcher you have it in! Do you know where you got the pitcher from? Justin has been looking for one like it.
We definitely need some sunshine around here. We've had a little here and there, but it's still so cold that I don't want to venture outside if I can help it!

JandS Morgan said...

I love those pillows. They are a great splash of color. I'm always so conservative with decorating, but I wish I could step out of those bounds. I have one plant in my house, a spider plant. We call it our resurrection plant because it comes back to life without fail every few months when I water it. That is my kind of plant.

Jamey said...

I've been nesting so much lately. It feels so right to do it in the winter since you spend so much time indoors! I've been buying baskets for organizing etc. It really does make a difference! I care way more about how my house looks during the winter than I do in the summer:-)

Delee said...

Love the pillows, and the lamp is really fun! And you're not superficial, you're a woman. :)

Hansen Family said...

Love it!!! I also need the weather to get better or we will be introuble:)