This year we hosted Jer's family for our traditional Christmas Eve Jesus supper and scripture reading. Everyone got new pjs from grandma and after some romping around we tucked the boys into bed.
Paul awoke bright and early again ready for presents. We had a fun morning which I got only a few pictures of. But no matter how much you try, I've realized, it's pretty much impossible to capture Christmas morning. We spent the rest of the day with family. Jer and I made a duck for dinner which was tasted just like chicken to me, so was a bit of a disappointment.
The next day we headed off to Washington. The roads and weather were not cooperative. We got stuck in Baker City since I-84 was closed. Since Jer's been working so much it was nice to have some time just our little family. The boys liked staying in the hotels and were fantastically behaved the whole trip. We had a great time with my family and only wished there was more time to do everything we wanted to do. We spent one day in the mountains sledding which Paul loved. Of course, I forgot my camera and have no pictures from our trip. The way home went much smoother, except that we all came home with colds. Oh well. Now it's back to the grind and the disappointment that it's all over until next year.
Is anyone up for an early spring break? :)



8 comments:
During our drive I kept thinking, "I'm so glad we're not traveling to the northwest this year" I'm glad you enjoyed your time together though! And that you were safe! I'm already wishing for spring break too, I'm not too good at getting up early for school.
I'm glad you got back sefely. Thanks for coming to see us. We had fun. Let me know if you are up during the summer, we'll go play. Sorry we just left Jer's coat on the porch with no call. The kids had their primary meet the teacher breakfast, and Damon had stake basketball early.
I totally have spring fever already. Really cute pictures. Love the pjs. Hope you're feeling less bluesy soon.
We probably should all just hire photographers for special occasions :) We are always joking about getting video surveillance installed everywhere so we never miss the funny things our kids do. Glad you made it safe, this was not a good winter for driving in the NW.
I'm ready for our trip to Hawaii, how about you? Sorry about your drive, but it sounds like everything else went great. It was good seeing you guys!
An early spring break sounds great!!! Our break wasn't much of one but you'd be happy to know our basement is pretty much done and we did a pretty good job with the colors, etc. We are missing one important thing though...a countertop. haha didn't realize it would take so long to order in. Anyway, hope all is well! We did get your Christmas card! Thanks!
Kina
Hope you are all feeling better now! Glad you made it back safely!!! We had a fun Christmas this year with you! :)
Hey check out our kitchen. I posted some pics of it. I hope you like it!
Post a Comment