So I've been toying with the boys' room decor for some time. I never seem to be satisfied with my projects. Probably cause they usually end up looking like cheap imitations of my "inspirations" in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog (which they are!). Anyway, this time my inspiration for their room was this cute fabric my mom gave me forever ago. Finally (not being able to find more anywhere) I made pillows out of it and it became the color palate.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Boys' Room Redo
**warning: long post about nothing very interesting :) **
So I've been toying with the boys' room decor for some time. I never seem to be satisfied with my projects. Probably cause they usually end up looking like cheap imitations of my "inspirations" in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog (which they are!). Anyway, this time my inspiration for their room was this cute fabric my mom gave me forever ago. Finally (not being able to find more anywhere) I made pillows out of it and it became the color palate.
Then we bought the boys bunk beds. Paul was in heaven and Sam moved out of his crib.
They also got new bedding and I made a third set of curtains (never satisfied, I tell ya). My mother-in-law finished Sam's birth announcement to match Paul's and I painted their dresser. Everything was set up and I was finally pleased.

Then, Jeremy had the idea to move the boys into the spare room which was going to be the baby's room and was serving as the office/craft room/garage. I liked this idea for many reasons. We wouldn't have to paint. The dark red would go with the boys' decor and the cream in their current room would be great for either gender baby. Also, we could eliminate the play room. At first I loved having a play room, but lately with all the toys accessible it's just a constant mess and there's not much room for playing. Last Saturday afternoon we made the move. I wish we would have thought of it earlier so we wouldn't have had to resemble the bunk beds and take apart the crib. But, oh well. Once again we got everything in order and I am pleased with the results. The boys have a lot more room to play (their room is big) and about half their toys are in the closet now. We have plenty of space for the baby which will be closer to our room and the playroom is now the office/craft room. Overall it's a much better use of our space. Here's some pictures of the boys' room all done.


So I've been toying with the boys' room decor for some time. I never seem to be satisfied with my projects. Probably cause they usually end up looking like cheap imitations of my "inspirations" in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog (which they are!). Anyway, this time my inspiration for their room was this cute fabric my mom gave me forever ago. Finally (not being able to find more anywhere) I made pillows out of it and it became the color palate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
It looks great! I wish mine looked as well put together... but we're working on it. :) half the fun, right?
I think that you do a wonderful job decorating! It looks like such a fun place for the boys to be.
Awesome!!
Where did you get your bunk beds? I like the rail at the top. We want to get one for our boys too. We saw an awesome loft bed at Costco Home but if we decide not to go that route, I really like the design of the ones you got.
Nice decorating, as always!
I love the red! You're right, much better for the boys room. Can't wait to see you May. And, yes, I think Mackensie will still love to play with Paul and Sam. She said today that she had made a new friend. She couldn't remember her name - but she's defintely NOT a boy!!!
You are such a amazing decorator. I need you to help me with my house. Sigh! But you really did a great job, it looks great.
Way to get me to read your whole post! I read boring ahead and plowed right through! I loved each room! I thought they both looked great and I loved your curtains. Thinking of making some of my own but I have to finish the table runner I started a year and half ago...:)
looks awesome. You are a master decorator!
You are so creative- I need to call you the next time I move so you can help me decorate! (I remember that being one of my 1st impressions of you) So your planning to stay put for awhile then- I hope you're able to find a good job. Thanks for getting back to me on the graduation stuff- and good luck with everything.
Turned out very cute. Looks like a good size room to share too. Awesome!
Post a Comment