Monday, June 1, 2009

4 Celebrations and an Interview

May is always a crazy month at our house and this year did not disappoint. The 1st we celebrated Jer's birthday. It was pretty low-key, but he got an i-pod touch that he's been obsessing over for some time. I was glad to surprise him with it, since my last several gifts to him have bombed! A week later we had our 7th anniversary. We decided to do something a little different. We got lunch from the Old Dutch Store, then headed to Liberty Park for a picnic and paddle boat ride. I had a great sappy post prepared, but since Jeremy doesn't like to make appearances on my blog (especailly sappy ones) I decided to leave it out. He knows how I feel anyway. Then it was Mother's Day, which is always a great day. I love being a mother! After that we headed to Washington for my brother's wedding. The boys had such fun staying at Grandma and Grandpa's house and playing with cousins. The wedding and reception were beautiful and I'm so happy to have a new sister. It was great to see my family and spend time at my Aunt Shirley's house on our way as well. I have been so blessed with such an amazing family; it's hard to live away sometimes. A couple days after getting home from Washington, Jer and I headed to Portland for an interview. Mostly it was fun to get some time away just the two of us and remember how much we enjoy each other's company. The hotel and restuarants were a nice touch too. Whew...now we're back and June will seem boring.

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

What a fun month! I think its bound to get even more hectic as the kids get bigger since school provides a lot of craziness in May. Its great to hear what you've been up to... hopefully we can get together in July!

Jamey said...

Yay! Hope the Portland interview went well. It would be fun to have you near us:-)

KellyAnne said...

So we've been wondering what's up with you guys. Tell me about the interview?