Audrey is 4 months old today! She is everyone's favorite family member, except Daddy's (I always claim the privilege of being his favorite girl). But she does adore her Daddy and if he's near, then she's certain to be staring at him waiting to flash him a scrunchy-nosed smile.

She has such a sweet and peaceful personality. Paul was being grumpy the other day and I asked him if he would hold her for a minute. As soon as I put her in his arms his grumps melted away. Sam loves to talk to her in a high voice about how much they love each other. It's a delight to watch them interact with her and help take care of her.

She has discovered her hands and is practicing reaching out and grabbing things. She likes to look at them while sucking on them, so she often goes cross-eyed.

She's a bubble-blowing machine and also quite a talker. This produces tons of drool. Paul is convinced that she says "hi." She smiles easily now, but doesn't laugh.


She does not like bubble baths, has rolled over from her belly to her back a few times, and has started eating solids, but is still deciding if she likes them or not.

She loves to lay her head on my chest and snuggle her face into my neck. It's pretty much our favorite thing to do together, followed by napping and shopping. She also likes to feel the texture of fabrics and usually prefers to hold something soft or have a blanket near her face. She rubs her hand (always the left hand) on her fuzzy haired head. She does this when she's nursing or sleepy. I think it's adorable.
7 comments:
She is adorable and it is so cute to see and hear about how good the boys are with her. They'll be protecting her through
She has such a beautiful smile. No wonder your boys love her!
I LOVE scrunchy nosed smiles! There is nothing to compare! She is such a doll and I find it hard to believe she's four months already!!!! This description just brings a smile to my heart. Love it.
btw, I've been thinking a lot about you the past couple days. I miss you.
I miss her so much. I'm so happy you posted more adorable pictures of her. I hope we get to come visit soon!
Are you trying to kill me with those antics of sweet babydom....the oh so tender smiles, they way they melt everyone's heart, and the fuzzy head rub always with the left hand. AHHHH. I love babies. And she is absolutely gorgeous. I was asking Travis the other day if we could fly pretty babies to us to photograph with our almost purchased indoor lighting system. He said no. Dang it.
Is she not a mini-Terra? I don't know for sure, but I'm thinkin' she sure looks a lot like the pics of her mommy as a baby???
What a darling little girl. I'd watch out for that hair rubbing thing though- that's how it started with Ella- she constantly rubbed at her hair while she was nursing or falling asleep. That turned into twirling once it got long enough. We just barely broke the habit this summer. A lot of hair was sacrificed in the process!
Post a Comment