Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Spring, Anyone?

This seriously is the worst time of the year, and I'm not meaning to be a negative Nelly, but winter has worn out its welcome and there's nothing to look forward to until Easter. Blah.

This week I'm trying some new recipes for dinner (I’ll post them on my other blog if they turn out): beef brisket and orange chicken. Last week I made a most delicious fish meal and impressed even myself. We tried my grandma's pressure cooker as well and it makes the best meat in much less time than a crock pot. I'd never cooked with a pressure cooker before and I felt like putting on my new 1940's dress (I've been doing some online shopping for spring/summer clothing), an apron and some lipstick when I served dinner.

I'm also attempting to train for a women's bike ride. If you live near, you should join me--it's going to be fun--I hope.

Plus I'm taking a digital scrapbooking class and learning all about Photoshop Elements. I’m trying to get out my new camera more and learn to take pictures. Hopefully you’ll be seeing some improvements on my blog.

And for your viewing pleasure, proof that my kids are growing way too fast. Here’s Sam after he said, “I’m too big for naps.” And Audrey in her new toy. She's trying hard to roll over as I type.


7 comments:

Tina said...

Did you buy a 1940's dress? I must see!
I am loving my photoshop elements too!!!

Cali said...

I can just picture you in your dress, apron and lipstick! What is your other blog? Is it a recipe blog?? I'd love to skim your recipes, you're such a good cook!

Hopefully the weather turns nice for you soon. Too bad there isn't an indoor playground like there was in OR!

Darlene said...

We just bought a pressure cooker a month ago and love it! It makes the best pulled pork. Your pictures look great!

Kim-the-girl said...

oooo that sounds so good!!! And I, too, can just see you all dressed up to serve dinner. AND I'd love to see your 40s dress, I LOVE the 40s! Your pictures look so bright and crisp... how fun to be taking a class!

Carrie said...

Yes, I want Spring to come so badly! It looks like you have a ton of fun things planned to keep you busy until it warms up.

Where'd you get your dress? I want to see it, too!

Delee said...

Wow, she looks so big in that toy. Cute picture of Sam, too. I feel your pain I'm tired of Winter. Luckily today is sunny. It helps a little.

Kiley said...

You are so funny! Have you seen the new movie Julie & Julia? I think you'd love it. Maybe enjoy a good movie while you have to still stay inside from the grossness and cold!