Tuesday, June 1, 2010

In Memorial

For Memorial day we visited the Salt Lake City cemetery.
"Erected to the memory of Daniel, Hyrum, and Orson Spencer sons of Daniel and Chloe Wilson Spencer--by their children and grandchildren this eighth day of October nineteen hundred six"

The kids at great, great, great, great Grandpa Spencer's grave.

"Daniel Spencer born in West Stockbridge Berkshire Co. Mass. July 20, 1794. Died in Salt Lake City Dec. 8 1868. He was president of the Salt Lake Stake of Zion from Feb. 13 1849 until the time of his death"

Audrey at great, great, great, great Grandma Spencer's grave (whom she is named after).

"Elizabeth F. Spencer May 24, 1836--Sept. 21 1920"

"Henry W. Spencer Sr. May 14 1858--Jan. 9 1924"

"Vennetta Naylor Spencer Aug. 12 1865--Apr. 27 1902"

Audrey's opinion of sitting on the grass.

"Jacobus Gerritsen Apr. 2 1862--Apr. 12 1940
Adriana Gerritsen Mar. 11 1862--Jan. 7 1930"

"Adrian Gerritsen Sr. Sept. 2 1894--May13 1967"

6 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

What a treasure trove of family history you have there! And what a neat way to spend your Memorial Day.

JandS Morgan said...

At least she is not screaming her head off in the grass. I'll have to say Memorial Day hasn't ever meant much to me since I've never really had graves to visit. I guess that isn't something to hope for :)

Travis and Heather said...

What a truly memorable day to spend memorial day. Travis and I laughed after we got married and had to look every holiday up on the internet to see why we were actually celebrating, and what we should be doing on that day. So kuddo's to you and your perfect day!

Jamey said...

Anna used to hate the grass too! I wish that I lived near by ancestors graves. That would be a neat way to spend Memorial Day.

Cam said...

That's such a neat cemetery, how neat to have ancestors there.

Stopher and Nicolle said...

wow! i love this post! it is sooo cool! your kids are so cute. that audrey is adorable!!