Audrey's first piggies--taken a couple months ago:
Can I tell you how much I love having a daughter? It's the best. Audrey's not a fan of things in her hair (another reminder that she is my daughter) or getting her hair done. I try to make a big deal about how cute she looks--to teach her to celebrate her beauty and all. Finding (or making up) a greater meaning makes motherhood more rewarding, don't you think?On the subject of my little girl, she is so much fun. She loves to play in her kitchen, take care of her babies and follow me around all day. If I'm blow drying my hair, she's standing next to me with a brush in her hand. If I'm folding laundry, she's on my lap. If I'm making dinner she's either on the counter putting canning jar rings on her arms or at my feet playing with the pots and pans. You get the idea. It's a joy to watch her. She's trying to say more words. She'll come up to me, pat my leg and say, "Mama, nack (snack)" or "Mama, ilk (milk)." Then nod her little head up and down. It's a sweet relief that she's communicating in a way that I can understand. Even though she's been a little hesitant to talk (compared to the boys), her comprehension amazes me. She carried a wipe into my room the other day and I asked her where she got it. She went into the bathroom and brought me the package. Sam was crying and I asked her to go get his blankie. She found it and brought it to him. I love the obedient one year old stage. She also likes to bat her eyelashes and pout her lips, which she mostly saves for Daddy. She is simply adorable and I love that she is mine.


2 comments:
Absolutely darling little piggies. Nothing cuter than little piggies on such a darling little girl. All we use round here is hair gel...boring but quickie!
So fun to have a little girl in your life. :) They are lots of fun.
Are you guys buying a house?!?
Post a Comment