Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Living Room


We're not really formal living room folk, but this is the "formal" living room. I do love having a room that is separate from the main living space. I try to keep the kids and toys out of here (although they seek in as you can see) and it's nice that when we have company they don't walk right into my dishes. This is the first room you see, just to the right of the front door. I love to sit here in the mornings and watch the sunrise over the farm across the street or the snow fall or the wind blow our big cottonwood tree in the front yard.
Future plans for this room include painting it light french gray and adding long, soft curtains to the bay window. Long term plans include some molding and new slip covers.

6 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Oh it looks dreamy. I want one. :)

Delee said...

so pretty! i love the soft color scheme.

Travis and Heather said...

I want to tap into your well of time. Will you please come decorate my hodge podge mis matched living room. I said please....

Cam said...

Seriously, you should decorate professionally. The house is looking beautiful! Keep sharing pictures, it's fun to see it all come together.

Cali said...

You are so talented--you make me want to live in your home!

Dean Spencer said...

Did you just say you had short term and long term decorating goals for your formal living room? haha. Looks good though!