Monday, August 8, 2011

On the Road Again

We took a very fun and relaxing trip home (my home that is) to Washington. We were able to stop in Twin Falls, Idaho on the way to attend my cousin's wedding celebration and see a lot of my Dad's family. I wish I was able to see them all more often.
In Washington, we were able to visit lots of friends and family. My mom hosted a lunch with most of my aunts. My sister and her kids came over every day and we all just played, ate, and had fun. I always wish there was more time to see more people, but maybe one day we'll move back.
Mostly we enjoyed our time in my parents' yard. My mom's flower garden was especially gorgeous this year:

Audrey's 1st smore

But we also did a few things out of the ordinary:

like jousting

and swimming in 60 degree weather

Then we had some new (to the kids) adventures:

a trip to Seattle

and a day at Dash Point beach

5 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

OH my goodness! It looks like a little piece of heaven!!! What a fabulous trip!

Carrie said...

I love how in EVERY picture you can tell just how much fun you're all having. I also love the jousting - that's too cool!

Delee said...

It was so fun having you here. Thanks for taking pictures! I love the one of you and Audrey!

Natalie said...

Looks like a great trip! I am bummed that I was never able to come and see you guys!! Next time for sure!`

Cam said...

We miss the northwest! If we didn't have so much family in Utah, we would be tempted to move there too. Your mom has a beautiful yard. Glad your fam was able to enjoy a nice getaway.