Saturday, August 13, 2011

Payson Lakes

After we returned from Washington we headed down to Payson and spent a coupe days camping at Payson Lakes with some friends from our old neighborhood.
The campground was nice except for the bathrooms which resulted in one child (who will remain un-named) having an accident. My kids are not big on public restrooms in general, and these were really bad, and one can only hold it so long. I was not a happy camper, though, and just threw the mess away.
We had a few other mishaps as well like forgetting tent poles. Jeremy drove down the canyon to Walmart and bought a tent which we had to put up in the dark. Then we decided to try dutch oven one night. We put it all together with lots of coals and spent the afternoon at the lake. When we returned to add the rest of the veggies this is what we found:

We did have fun, however. We took a couple lovely hikes--one to a cool waterfall cavern. We played at the lake, attempted to fish, enjoyed campfires, and had a marshmallow spit contest, which the Christopherson family dominated.

"Audee" and "Zee" at the lake

Paul and Hunter kayaking

Paul's safe after sliding down the trail

Sam spitting marshmallows

Audrey hardly slept either night or napped, so she was rather cranky and terribly tired--as was I. Camping's not really our thing. But the boys had lots of fun playing in the woods with friends and trying to catch prairie dogs and squirrels. It was nice to cool down in the mountains and spend time with good friends.

1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

Oh this is the life!!! We are so jealous of your adventures! I can't believe Paul is kayaking! That is so cool! My kids wish we'd let them go with us, but I'm not ready for that. Its a fun getaway for us and I'm pretty nervous about kids and water...