Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy Holidays

Since I've waited so long I guess I'll post all our holiday celebrations in one long post.

Thanksgiving: My Aunt Kathy came into town and so we hosted dinner at our house for the first time. It was delicious! Jeremy brined the turkey the night before and cooked it with our infusion cannon. It was one of the best turkeys I've ever tasted. We had a relaxing day of food and football and thankfulness. I braved the cold and crowds and headed out to do Black Friday shopping at midnight. I'll never do that again is all I have to say about the experience!



Christmas: Christmas Eve we had Jeremy's family over for our traditional Jesus Supper, Christmas story reading/singing and new pjs made by Grandma. I think I was the first one awake Christmas morning--I was too excited to sleep. At 6 am I heard one of the boys' stocking stuffers playing music and went in to see who was up. They were both asleep, but then Sam sat up and said, "stockings!" We had to wake Paul and Audrey up around 7. We opened our stockings and went out to see what Santa had left. We opened presents and had a quick breakfast before getting ready for 9 am church. I loved having church on Christmas and Jeremy and I sang in the choir. We came home to change and head up to breakfast at Pam and Adrian's. Then we took some naps and headed to Jeremy's parents for dinner and more presents of course. I guess with church in the morning I was too busy to take many pictures of the day, but it was a wonderful one.



Becky made bathrobes for all the grandkids



New Years: At 4 am the morning after Christmas we loaded up the sleepy kids and drove for 14 hours to Washington. We spent the week, including New Years, with my family. We had a great time! Lots of food, fun and family. We finally got to meet my newest nephew, Preston. We were all home, except of course Elder Spencer who is in Vitoria, Brazil. For New Years eve we ate, of course, and played Rock Band and Sing It on the Wii. Then we watched the countdown at the Space Needle and drank some sparkling cider.

bowling with my siblings

the men singing to my mom for her birthday

2 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

What a perfect holiday season!!!

Cam said...

Those are some good looking kids! And they are getting too big, too fast.