I'll pause the family history posts to brag about my boys. If you don't want to read the bragging, skip to the end for a funny story.
Last week were parent-teacher conferences. I was amazed at how well my boys are doing in school. I am so proud of them. It was great to go and hear nothing but how awesome my kids are. Both boys made the honor roll.
Sam is loving Kindergarten. His teacher wrote: "Sam is totally consistent at being an excellent student in every way. His high interest in learning is so appreciated." She just loves Sam. He got straight E's (Excellent) for the work and social skills section. His teacher said she doesn't usually do that but she couldn't think of anything he doesn't do. He scored above average on all his tests and well above average on sound fluency. He really is good at hearing and identifying sounds and writing words.
Paul's teacher wrote: "It is so fun having Paul in class. He has settled in nicely. He does great work and participates well in class discussions." She seems to enjoy his quirky humor. He also scored above average on all his tests. His teacher said the math test was particularly hard and most kids didn't get past the first page. Paul did great though. He's been doing some advanced math with a few other kids. His teacher hopes to challenge him this year.
Of course, Paul still needs to work on his handwriting. And speaking of which, his poor handwriting nearly caused me to have a panic attack. See if you agree and read numbers 7 and 9.
As Jeremy and I panicked were still in shock and wondering how best to talk to Paul and not freak out, we realized it says "spy." Oh, thank goodness. He's having spy meetings and looking at spy books. He is very into spies right now. Hopefully we've got a few more years until it's what we thought it was. Phew.

3 comments:
Ha! That is hilarious!!!! He makes his "p" like my Jonas makes his "o" so I was still confused until I read the clarification. Ugh, being a parent is so intimidating when teaching them about stuff like that. :)
Thanks for posting that! I'm glad they are doing so well in school!
Ha ha- thanks for the good laugh! That's too funny. And what a load off your shoulders--I had a little panic attack myself when I read it. :)
Post a Comment