Friday, January 18, 2013

Merry and Bright

I didn't get a single picture on Christmas day. What?! It was a lovely one anyway.

Some highlights:
It snowed Christmas Eve and was sunny and beautiful on Christmas Day
Audrey loved her nail polish and lip gloss
Sam was so excited he was up several times in the night and the first one awake at 6:30--bouncing off the walls
Sam got Skylanders Giants (plus the game!) and a Stuffie
Paul loved his snap circuits set and made a working AM radio
I made two delicious pies from scratch which I ate all week
Jeremy was convinced he was getting a sweater for Christmas--much to his surprise there was an iphone up the sleeve

During the Christmas season we successfully made and decorated Christmas cookies and the Christmas tree.

About that tree. I always have these visions of picking and cutting down the perfect tree and decorating as a family with music and cocoa. It never goes that way. Plus there is a serious lack of Christmas tree farms in Utah. Well, this year we found a great one. And although it was full of spruces--we wandered through what seemed like forever until we found a tree. I walked back to pay for it only to discover that only a portion of the cash made it into my pocket. So, it was a Costco tree again for us this year.


1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

You all look fabulous!!!