Sunday, January 20, 2013

Paul Gets Baptized!

Paul was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was a wonderful day spent with family and friends. It was very emotional to watch my first born get baptized. I worry that I have taught him enough. Mostly, though, I am so proud of him and how much he is growing up.

We had some special family night lessons to help prepare Paul for his baptism. One was about why we get baptized. He said, "Wait, I don't have to get baptized." We said no it was his decision. After thinking about it for while he decided that he did want to be baptized. I know that he doesn't completely understand everything about baptism or the covenants that he made, but I know that he was very excited to get baptized. I know that he felt the spirit and wanted to become a member of our church. I know that he wants to follow Jesus.

Here is the "All About Me" page that they read at the baptism:

I want to get baptized because: I want to get the gift of the Holy Ghost and become a member of the church.

The best thing about going to Primary is: spotlight and Sharing Time

My favorite Primary song is: Nephi's Courage

Some other things I like are: watermelon, basketball, biking, playing in the summer, cucumbers and chips.

But I don't like: mushrooms and spicy foods.

My favorite scripture hero is: Nephi

Because: He never gave up and always followed Jesus.

A goal I have to become more like Jesus is: Be nice to my friends and family.










2 comments:

Cam said...

How exciting, can't believe how fast these kids are growing up.
I love the invite- did you make the template? I would love to do something similiar for Macey (her baptism will also be here before we know it!) Any tips you have on the invite would be great.
Congrats!

Kim-the-girl said...

Its amazing to me that all these kids that were born during school are getting baptized this year! Congratulations Paul!!!