Monday, April 14, 2008

Springtime

I LOVE spring! Apparently it runs in my blood. Here is part of a letter written by my Grandma when she was on her mission: "I couldn't resist the spring, so I cleaned out the flower beds in front and planted some petunias and some tomato plants. I probably will never eat the tomatoes from them but I hope some one will enjoy. The petunias are already starting to bloom." I always think of her when I am "gardening." In honor of spring I spruced up the balcony and planted some herbs and veggies. I hope they all survive.

8 comments:

Delee said...

Cute! I hope your herbs work out, I loved cooking with mine last year. Be sure to not plant mint, it'll take over your pot. No one told me that until after I planted it and it sprouted throughout my flower bed.
I hope one day I'm as good of a gardener as Grandma. It isn't as easy as it looks!

KellyAnne said...

Terra, that looks so cute!

Amy said...

Happy Spring!! How can you not love it!?

Kim-the-girl said...

Way to go! I have been wondering what I can grow in Texas.. only time will tell.

Rachel said...

Cute!

Barney Family Blog said...

How fun! You are so good at making things look so cute! I love the ladder with the plants on it! You are very talented!

Josh and Cori said...

yay for spring! I love it when all the flowers start blooming, buds come onto the trees-it's so pretty! I love that you have utilized your balcony space to plant some stuff! I hope it grows for ya!

JandS Morgan said...

What a cute ladder for hanging the plants. I wish I had more stuff like that around my yard. I have dreams sometimes of what I'd like it to look like, but with everything else going on they get left behind. Hope the blizzard doesn't kill your plants.