


May was a very busy month for us. We had birthdays, our anniversary, Mother's Day, graduation with a trip to Oregon, my trip to Virginia, dinners with old friends, my brother living with us. Plus, I hosted a baby shower and two achievement day activities. All-in all we had a great time! This week is catch-up--cleaning, laundry, errands, etc. Jeremy started working as a tech at the Eye Institute of Utah until his residency starts. What a blessing! The boys and I started our new "summer routine" which includes a walk/bike ride in the mornings and often a swim in the pool in the afternoon. Paul says and does the funnest things lately (which now I can't remember any examples to share, of course), Sam is saying a lot more, but going through a tantrum stage that I hope will soon be over. They are great little guys.
The big news is that we are moving this month and to Sandy! Our reasons for moving were to be closer to the VA Hospital since we only have one car still and to find a duplex or small house with some room and a yard (I'm pretty sick and tired of apartment living). We looked at a few places and were a little surprised at how expensive that neighborhood was and how small the homes were. Then we decided to check out a place in Sandy, up on the East Bench. It's a basement with a huge yard (over 1/2 an acre with a playhouse, garden, fruit trees, trampoline, access to tennis courts at the neighbors), valley views, 2000 square feet, four bedrooms, a new kitchen, big bathroom, lots of storage, and a great neighborhood. Wow. Everything we wanted and more. So we debated about moving the opposite direction from where we wanted to be and finally felt that it was too great of a place for the price and we couldn't pass it up. Fortunately the couple that owns the house and lives on the main level thought we were a great fit too. So, we're moving and we're very excited about it! And we'll have an extra bedroom if anyone wants to play a visit.
11 comments:
congrats!! You are on to the next phase! Hope everything goes wonderfully!
Hurray! Can't wait to see this house! I can tell how excited you guys are, it will be great!
WOW! You did have a crazy month, when you add it all up! Go Terra & Jer!
Hallelujah! I bet you are SO EXCITED!
When do you move in? I'm dying to come see it! Thanks for remembering me in the midst of the craziness you call May!
What part of Sandy? My parents live there, right about 23rd East and 114 south.
Yay! Congrats, that's so exciting. Sorry about the commute for Jeremy but I'm excited that you will have a nice place to live. And that's great that he's working, hooray! We miss you guys!
Sounds great Terra! Good Find
Sooooo cool! I know you want to get out of the apartment life. A yard and everything? It sounds great, sure wish I could come and visit. The boys look so calm in the water. Is Paul taking lessons? good luck moving - good thing you have the muscles of Neil Robert to help!!!! love you all, Aunt Kathy
Hey Terra, I am changing my blog to private, will you send me your email address? Aubreylynn@juno.com
Wow, that sounds like a crazy/fun time. I hope you're able to relax again soon. Congrats on a new place to stay. It sounds like you'll really enjoy it.
Post a Comment