Monday, February 2, 2009

A Family Night Lesson

Dad: Ok, boys sit down it's time for the lesson.
Paul is attempting handstands.
Sam is running in circles.
Dad: Please come sit down.
Paul sits. Sam follows.
Dad: Ok, now, can you say "Family Prayer?"
Boys are restless.
Sam (with hand raised): Jesus
Paul: Family Prayer
Sam: Family Prayer
Dad: Great. You need to stay sitting down.
Boys are squirming.
Dad: Ok, now who do we say prayers to?
Sam (again with arm raised): Jesus
I wonder if he's ever been to a baptist church before.
Paul: Heavenly Father
Dad: Good, Paul.
Sam looks at Paul and pats his back.
Paul puts his arm around Sam.
They hug. And that makes Family Night worth it.

7 comments:

Stopher and Nicolle said...

so sweet!

Kim-the-girl said...

Next time, use a hidden camera! So, so cute! I'm sure we've had moments like that sweet one, but it sure feels like we only get the chaos times... thanks for sharing.

KellyAnne said...

What a bunch of goofs!! I miss you guys. Thanks for sharing that funny story. You have such a cute family!

Kathy Ricks said...

I love those two little boys!!!! Maybe Sam is going to be a preacher!

izzynjen said...

I loved your fhe scenario. Two weeks ago, fhe was a complete flop and I thought "Why am I trying?" Then last week, we created animals out of playdough with the creation lesson....Hy LOVED it! He especially liked smashing the animals...but it was still fun. :)

Janelle Johnson said...

That was so precious.

Kina and Nathan said...

You have such cute boys! I loved that story!