My midwife wanted to do a growth check on the baby since I carry so low it's hard to get a good measurement of my belly. Today we had an ultrasound and it was fun to see the baby full grown. He/she wouldn't take their hands away from the face, so it was hard to get a good picture. But we could see him/her blink and grab and hold the feet and the fat rolls on the belly. (Gosh it's awkward to write gender neutral.) Baby is actually measuring a week ahead, except the head which is 2 weeks ahead (maybe I'll reconsider going natural) and is estimated to be 7 lbs. Here you can see the chubby cheeks and pouty lips. We're so excited to meet him/her in just a few weeks (or less). At my last appointment nothing had changed, but the head is so low that she thinks I'll have a fast labor. A couple weeks ago she said to just go to the hospital when I'm in labor and they'll contact her. This week she gave me her cell phone number and asked me to call her when we're on the way so she can have a heads up. I certainly hope it'll be quick.

1 comment:
Oh its so exciting that the baby is coming so soon!!! Best of luck during these upcoming weeks!
Post a Comment