Thursday, August 30, 2012

Waiting Game

With every baby I tell myself to plan for the due date or later. Yet, every time I get to 37 weeks I play the waiting game. This time hasn't been too bad. I am of course tired and uncomfortable. I am looking forward to not being pregnant and getting my body back to myself, but I'm also feeling a little overwhelmed at the thought of going through the newborn stage again.

Lest you think we've been twiddling our thumbs while we're waiting, think again. We've been busy. Jeremy's been consumed with the yard (and training for a sprint triathlon). We had a new sprinkler system design and installed and then the front and side yard scraped/graded. Last Saturday our grass seed was laid. We're starting to see some green sprouts and are excited to have a lawn. It's been a big project and so the rest of our yard has been rather neglected. But little by little we'll get it how we want it to be.

the yard after grading and during trenching

the trenching was long because Jer kept digging up pieces of the old driveway

 we finally hired someone to finish trenching and install the sprinklers

 the grass seed laid with peat moss

 I've been finishing up a few house projects. I bought some armchairs a while ago and finally got around to re-upholstering them. We painted the living room and I made new curtains. I keep working on the "den" or computer room as well. It's like the room I'm never satisfied with. We also got all new windows for the house and they are fantastic. It was funny how excited we were about them. Then back-to-school shopping, cleaning out closets, and last minute baby preparations took the rest of my time. I sure do enjoy the last bit of nesting energy I get at the end of pregnancy.

chairs before and after







2 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

OH! I love your chairs!!! I just got a chair that I need to reupholster... I'm nervous, any tips from a pro? They look so good!

GOOD LUCK! these last few weeks. Baby will be here before you know it, just keep busy thinking about everything else. ;)

Delee said...

I love the curtains!Everything turned out great. Now the baby can come. :)