I'm not sure how many of you knew about this holiday, but Sunday, August 5 was Kid's Day. After Mother's Day and Father's Day the kids wanted to know when Kid's Day was. I said that every day was kid's day and grumbled about it, but Jeremy thought it was a great idea. So we picked a Sunday and gave the kids each a gift, homemade card, and breakfast in bed. Later Sam wondered why no one else had wished him a happy kid's day.
Sam is our stuffed animal lover and he had been eyeing this giant bear at Costco for some time. He is super huge and Sam is in love with Beary.
Paul, on the other hand, is hard to buy for. He doesn't play much with toys and everything on his wish lists costs at least $100. I thought this keyboard would provide hours of entertainment for my kids like ours did when we were little, but alas after the first day it sits in the closet. At least they're not recording fart sounds all day like my cousins used to do.
Audrey loves anything pink and to do with babies (she has not yet taken interest in princesses). She got a doll car seat which she carries around with her purse all day.
Breakfast on the bed cause what kid stays in bed any longer than necessary.
1 comment:
What a great idea! I bet they loved it, but that's too funny that no one else wished him a happy kid's day. What good parents you two are!
Post a Comment