Monday, November 19, 2007

Our New Place

Well, we're settling in to our new place. I unpacked everything in a record 36 hours. Sam is getting used to it all finally (surprisingly, he had the hardest time with the change). It's been nice to have everything on the same floor and not to worry about the stairs. Sam discovered the bathroom and Paul is not afraid to go to another part of the house alone. We're taking advantage of the nice weather and all the amenities: the Jordan River Parkway, playground that's right behind us, basketball court and grass with sidewalks for scooter riding. I'm in heaven with a dishwasher and washer and dryer. My two new favorite rooms would have to be the
playroom: The boys actually play in there! And now all of the toys can be out instead of in closets.

and the
laundry room: It's been two years that I've been going to the community coin-operated laundry. It's almost like I didn't realize how bad I had it until now that I don't have to go anymore. My worst laundry experience was when I had a ton to do and it was all piled in the wagon. It was windy so some clothes blew off as I was walking/pulling. I stopped to get them and the wagon began to roll away. Once I was on my way again it began to hail. Big, cold, painful hailstones! I made it to the laundry room only to find all the washers in use. (argh!) Needless to say, I left the laundry there and came back later. At least I didn't have my kids with me and it wa dirty laundry that fell off instead of clean. But I feel like a queen with my laundry room now!

A note about the smoke: Thanks to all of you for your advise about the smoke. I thought I had it taken care of after we put dryer sheets in the vent covers, a few air fresheners in strategic places and one really powerful-smelling one right as you walk in, but it seems to be back so I believe it's a current smoker. I'll have to deal with the office now since this is a no smoking complex (go figure).

1 comment:

Josh and Cori said...

how fun your new place looks! I am jealous of the laundry room with a rod to hang your fresh-out-of-the-dryer clothes, so they don't get wrinkled in the process of transporting from the dryer to the bed. I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving!