Thursday, November 15, 2007

Tags

So I have a couple tags I need to catch up on. Maybe you'll learn something new about me.
6 habits/things about me:
1. I dream about owning a farm-style house with lots of land for my boys to run, gardens and orchards to grow our own food, and space inside to decorate; being a published children's book author (I have a few rejection letters and a bound and water-colored version of my book that Jeremy gave me for my birthday); getting my Master's degree.
2. I used to be smart. I got straight A's in college and before we moved to Oregon I was hired as a technical writer, then taught myself to read computer SAS and script code and worked as UHEAA's loan consolidation project manager. Now that I've been pregnant twice and sleep-deprived for almost 3 years--my brain is fried!
3. I love clothes. I wish I could buy more and wear a new outfit every day. So, I guess I am frivolous and superficial, too.
4. I love holidays. I try to make each one special for my family in even just a small way. I love, love traditions and it's been fun to make our own ones as a family.
5. I love the changing seasons and being outdoors. I played outside a ton as a kid and I love re-living that with my own kids. It's a great thing about having boys.
6. I didn't add a habit, so I also like to blog. It's such a great way to keep in touch with friends and family who live all over.

6 things I am grateful for:
1. Of course, my family. I have a most wonderful husband who is my best friend, too. I have the two cutest, smartest and funniest boys. I have wonderful parents, siblings, in-laws and a favorite aunt. I also have an rich pioneer ancestry with many people I admire. I have been blessed with more than I deserve for sure.
2. Knowledge. I'm grateful for my education and the opportunities I have for learning and growth.
3. Prayer. What would we do without it?
4. My testimony. It really helps to anchor me and remind me of who I really am.
5. Sleep. It's so refreshing when I get it and makes my boys much easier to be around when they get it.
6. Friends. Friends are really important to me and I think I have the most fabulous circle of friends who provide support, validation, encouragement and laughter that I have met throughout many stages of my life even though I'm actually a rather shy person.

Tagged: Anyone who reads this blog on Friday, Nov. 16 consider yourself tagged.

2 comments:

Kina and Nathan said...

Loved it Terra! I didn't know that you had written a children's book! Keep pushing a long and I'm sure it will happen for you! I would rush out and buy it as soon as it was available!!

Cam said...

it was fun to learn a few new things about you- I think you and I are probably pretty similar, except for the being smart part- my brain was fried long before having kids- maybe I watched other people's kids for too long?? I wrote a whole series of children's books (when I was little) about a girl named Tammy- I always dreamed of having them published, now they just make me laugh. But writing would be such a great job, I always thought editing would be fun too. It was fun to see pics of your new apartment too, I'm jealous you have a toy room, how nice- and I'm glad you get to enjoy hook-ups- I could never live without em', don't know how you managed for so long!