Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Backyard Adventures

The boys and I are really enjoying having a backyard to play in. It's very secluded with lots of room for exploring. Besides the usual bugs and such we've seen Monarch butterflies, a mama cat with her 4 little kittens, Elvis the neighborhood dog and this...


It's a box turtle that belongs to the neighbor. Apparently he survived all winter in the bushes, since she hadn't seen him for a year. Paul found him first a week or so before. I thought he was pretending that a rock was a turtle, but when I came to get a closer look it was gone. Jeremy found him later adn he was a fiesty little thing.

Here's the top part of our yard. (And the patio in the making.) On a clear day you can see downtown and Antelope Island. It's a pretty view at night too. The yard goes all the way to the wall.
This is the bottom part. You can see a little bit of how the stairs go down, the garden and some toys. There's also a playhouse, trampoline (which is Paul's favorite), grape vines and fruit trees.
Finally, here are my cute boys after playing in the sprinkler which they used to make mud of course.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

What fun, and great pics! I never realized your boys have such beautiful brown eyes.

JandS Morgan said...

What an awesome view. It's amazing what a difference a backyard makes.

Natalie said...

Beautiful yard. Your boys are so handsome.

Cam said...

That's a great set up for your little guys- how fun! You need to bring your little boys over to our place sometime to feed the goats and play- we'd love to have you. I'm glad you're enjoying your new place!

Susan said...

The yard looks great!! isn't it fantastic to let the kids go outside to play whenever they want - almost?! Who new life could be so wonderful leaving garden grove? (ok, i'll admit, i had a sneaking suspicion...)

Amy said...

Horray for playing outside. Cute Boys!!

Kathy Ricks said...

I just can't wait to get my arms around those little boys! You are a good mom, they are well loved!

Barney Family Blog said...

Wow That's awesome! It looks so big too! I wish I had a view of Antelope Island. That is home to me!! How nice.
By the way I love the pic of Sam's face he's making on your previous post. Jackson makes one just like that too. I love it! What a cute little guy!